Now for something a little less fiction and a little more crafty – a handmade Dog Coat from re-used materials. Charlie was so well behaved during the production of this even though she was afraid on the material. She also did not know how to take me measuring her. Poor dog. Made me feel as though I was picking on her. 🙂
It has been a busy few weeks for me so I decided to switch to a slightly less headache-y project to give my brain a break. I designed, and fashioned this little coat from an old mattress protector. Just had to figure out how to operate the sewing machine. No Problem. Not like I’ve used one recently or anything.
The finished project is a bit rough and only looks good at a distance but should keep her warm at night. The old girl used to sleep in the garage but because she kept waking us up at 3 in the morning needing a toilet break we started leaving the garage door open. So, of course, she must now sleep upstairs on the exposed porch.
I think I’m going to start doing more sewing projects. It has helped my head relax from all the reading I’ve had to do since uni started last week. I also had the local RSPCA Adoption phone, so a stress relief device was needed. I’ll save my writing for when I need to get my brain in gear for study. 🙂